Summer's most delicious fritter
Celebrate summer with this quick and easy recipe for corn fritters. I mostly use this recipe when we have left over corn since I seem to be the only one who will eat left-overs. I think I've spoiled my family.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen, canned-drain)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 3 cups oil for frying
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat together egg, milk, and safflower oil; stir into flour mixture. Mix in the corn kernels.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil, and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with powdered sugar