White Bean & Corn Salad
All the flavor of summer in this colorful White Bean & Corn Salad with avocado, tomatoes and tangy vinaigrette is full of flavor, easy to make, and ready in minutes. It’s perfect as a side dish or can be made into a main meal with crisp leafy greens.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 6 - 8 1x
- Vegan Tex-Mex
- 2 cans (14 oz) Canelli Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cobs (about 1 1/2 cups), sub with canned or frozen
- 1 dry pint grape tomatoes (or about 1 1/2 cups), quartered
- 1 large jalapeno, finely diced and most seeds removed
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado (firm, but ripe), finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large juicy lime (about 2 tablespoons), juice of
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
Assemble: In a large mixing bowl, add the canellie beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, avocado, and cilantro. Pour the dressing overtop and toss well to coat. Taste for seasoning.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Make ahead: This salad can easily be made a few hours ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The lime juice will keep the avocado from turning brown. If storing longer, you may consider tossing in the avocado just before serving.
Short cut: use your favorite bottle of Cilantro Citrus Dressing and drizzle over instead of making the dressing.