Hey, why did the cranberry turn red?
Because it saw the Turkey Dressing! hahahahah
So how do I make delish stuffing or dressing for my thanksgiving dinner, well, I'm happy you asked. I've used many recipes over the years, but I think this is the most simple. It comes from Serious Eats.
I've modified it just a little bit.. that's right using Lola Granola Bars.... YUMMY!
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time:about one hour
- 1 loaf gluten-free bread, cut into bite-size cubes (8-9 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped celery (about 4 large stalks)
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about four cloves)
- fresh sage 8 leaves (julienne) or 1/2 tsp dried
- 2 sprigs or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 LOLA cranberry Almond Granoola Bars
- 4 cups gluten-free turkey, chicken, or vegetable stock, divided
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F. Divide bread cubes between two large baking sheets. Toast until bread is golden brown and dry, about 30 minutes. Remove pans from oven and allow bread to cool.
2. Grease a 9x13-inch baking sheet and set aside. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. In a large pot, heat olive oil until shimmering.
3. Add celery. Cook until celery just begins to soften, about two minutes. Stirring frequently. Add onion. Cook for two minutes, continue to stir frequently. Add garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Cook until celery and onions are soft and aromatic. Spoon vegetables onto the bread cubes.
4. Pour about two cups of the broth over the bread. Stir until cubes absorb the broth. This takes a minute. Add an additional cup of broth. Continue to stir until broth is absorbed. If bread seems dry, add final cup of broth. (Bread cubes should be moist but not soggy. It’s okay it the some of the cubes fall apart. This is normal.) Transfer stuffing to prepared pan.
5. Lola Granola Bar (open wrapper, place 2 bars on baking sheet at 350 for 5 minutes. Mash with fork, return to oven for another 10 mins. Sprinkle on top of stuffing
6. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake in a 325 °F oven until warm, about 30 minutes. Remove foil and return pan to the oven and bake until golden brown, about five minutes.
Cranberries, nuts, cooked crumbled sausage, bacon, clams (yes, I said claims.... it's my moms secret ingredient in her stuffing)
This can be made ahead up to 2 days.