Rams Gluten Free Appetizers
We couldn't pick just one so here's a couple of our favorite Gluten Free Appetizers
Rambo Rams Chicken Wings by Intern Ashley
Adapted from The Cookie Rookie Recipe
Grab a bowl and Get ready to get your hands dirty.
Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt & pepper in a large resealable bag. Place about 10 chicken wings in the bag at a time, seal, and shake to fully coat them in the flour mixture. Repeat this process until all wings are covered, then place them on a plate and let them sit in the refrigerator for 10-30 minutes (this helps the flour adhere to the chicken wings). Heat 3 inches of oil in a large pot to 360°F (do this while the wings are in the fridge). Place the wings in the oil (about 10 at a time) and let them fry for 10-15 minutes, or until they are brown and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove wings from the oil, and set them aside on a paper towel. To make the sauce: Heat butter, buffalo sauce, and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes (stir often). Combine fried chicken wings in a bowl with the sauce to coat.
GLUTEN FREE GAME DAY CHILI DIP by Intern Inyse
Adapted from ________________
First, I heat the coconut oil in a large pot before adding the ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper. Once the beef has browned, I toss in the onion, peppers, and garlic and cook until soft. Next come the spices to make this the most savory dip you’ve ever tasted: oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, and chili powder. Yum. Then a bit of garlic and crushed tomatoes. I bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about an hour, letting all the flavors blend together. Finally, I add the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, and stir. Next come two of my favorite ingredients: the hot dogs and Mascarpone cheese. I love adding Mascarpone cheese to my dips and stuffings as it gives them a creamier texture and holds all of the ingredients together. Make sure to drain some of the liquid off at this point if, like me, you like your dip dryer and thicker. Now the dip is nearly ready! Just need to transfer to a casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon. Then, I pop into the oven for five minutes. The dip is warm and crispy and ready to be garnished with the rest of the bacon, cheddar cheese and scallions. Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time1 hour 5 minutes Total Time1 hour 25 minutes Servings10 Calories267kcal AuthorBarbara Bianchi Ingredients 1 tablespoon coconut oil 1 pound ground beef 1 onion diced 1 green pepper diced 1 tablespoon oregano 1 tablespoon paprika 1 tablespoon ground coriander 1/2 teaspoon cumin 2 teaspoons chili powder 3 cloves garlic 1 14.5 ounce. can Muir Glen crushed tomatoes 2 plum roma tomatoes, diced 1 Jalapeño pepper diced 1 tablespoon Bragg's apple cider vinegar salt to taste pepper to taste 1 cup cheddar cheese grated, divided 1/2 pound bacon cooked and diced, divided 6 hot dogs cooked and diced 4 ounces gluten free mascarpone cheese scallions for garnish Instructions Heat oil in a large pot,. Season ground beef with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Cook stirring frequently, until it has browned, about 10 minutes. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic and cook until soft, about 10 more minutes. Add oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, chili powder, garlic, and tomatoes, Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour. Add the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and stir. Preheat oven to 400℉ Mix in mascarpone cheese and hot dogs and transfer to a casserole dish. Strain if there is too much liquid and you like your dip dryer. Top with 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and half of the bacon. Bake for 5 minutes. Garnish with the rest of the bacon, cheddar cheese and scallions. Serve warm. Notes No coconut oil? No problem. Feel free to use extra-virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or whichever oil you prefer. Make sure to use sturdy chips for hearty dips like this one as thinner chips will break more easily. I recommend the tasty organic Green Mountain Gringo blue corn tortilla chips that I found at my local health food store. They are certified 100% gluten free. Following a low-carb way of eating? No problem. Dig in with celery sticks, slices of bell peppers, my crispy cheese crisps, or bake some pepperoni slices until they're crispy so they'll be sturdy enough for dipping in. Yum. Nutrition Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.8g
SPICY BLACK BEAN VEGAN TAQUITOS RECIPE by Intern Nylia
Adapted from Plant Perks
Taquitos are delicious rolled up tacos
The first step in making taquitos is softening the tortillas – this will prevent them from crumbling and cracking when you roll them up. I wrapped up two or three tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwaved them for 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can lightly spray the tortillas with water, wrap them in foil, and stick them in a 350F degree oven for a few minutes.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- 12 corn tortillas
- Green onion
- Vegan sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 425F and mist a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Warm the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and jalapeño and sauté for a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the black beans, water, cumin, paprika, chili powder, maple syrup, and salt to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking the black beans over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, lightly mashing the beans with a spoon. Taste the black beans and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Wet two paper towels and place a few corn tortillas between them. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the tortillas so they don’t break when you roll them up. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, warming them up as you go.
- Spread a spoonful of Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spreadon a tortilla. Add a line of the bean mixture down the center and then roll it up tightly. Place the taquito seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and black bean mixture until you’ve used it all. You should get about 12 taquitos total. Mist the rolled up taquitos with cooking spray.
- Bake the taquitos for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they’re golden and crispy. Remove the taquitos from the oven and serve warm with your favorite toppings.